Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A letter to the readers

Dear Readers:

There's a few new changes coming to Political Heat -- be rest assured, however, that this blog will remain a place for political opinion from a liberal point of view.

First, the most obvious change: the layout of the blog. It was a long time coming, and I have received many good comments about it thus far. If you see something wrong with it, or have an opinion you'd like to share regarding the layout, please message me and I'll see what I can do.

Second, and a bit more significant, the blog isn't going to be a "sole" project of my own anymore. After some serious consideration, I came to the conclusion that it was time to involve more voices at Political Heat, more perspectives that can perhaps explain better what "is" liberalism and why we support it. I will remain the "proprietor" of Political Heat as well as the "main" author. But with my limited schedule allowing me to make only one, maybe two, posts per day, I felt it was time to get more people involved to keep the site thriving with information for you, the reader, especially if you don't want to wait up until 9:00 or 10:00 PM to read my posts.

So I'd like to wish my warmest welcome to the newest blogger on this site, Crescent Parker. Crescent has been following Wisconsin politics for some time now, especially the events of the last few months. In reviewing her tweets alone, I'm confident that Crescent will deliver an insightful opinion to Political Heat. Thanks for joining the team, Crescent!

I'm still looking for one or two other writers to "join" PH, so if you think you'd like to blog about once or twice a week, send me an email and I'll get in touch with you. My "writing" address is cwalkerwrites@gmail.com. Send me a writing sample if you can and a cover letter detailing why you'd like to write and are qualified to write for the blog.

I want to thank everyone for dealing with these changes as of late. This project of mine has been going strong for over two years now. I'm excited for the future of this site, and hope that you are too.

Sincerely
Chris Walker
Political Heat

No comments:

Post a Comment