Thursday, June 10, 2010

DPW Tomorrow Night

Tomorrow night will mark the first of a two-day event that I have been looking forward to for quite some time: the Democratic Party of Wisconsin's State Convention.

Though many see party politics as part of the problem of electoral politics these days, I happen to believe that an organized party structure isn't necessarily a bad thing. State and other local parties I generally support as vehicles of change.

The DPW has received my support because of some of its great modern-day leaders, such as Russ Feingold, retiring Congressman Dave Obey, and Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin. The party is more progressive than most around the country, and for that I consider myself a Wisconsin Democrat.

As for tomorrow, I will ATTEMPT to do some live-blogging. I am using a bit of a relic, however, when it comes to laptop computers...so it's not guaranteed yet if it will work. If it doesn't, then expect some blogs later tomorrow night, or a complete rundown of what happened Saturday or Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment